I want to start a home busniess...

I am a stay at home mom to a 20 month old girl. Did I mention how active she is? She is all over the place. I find myself either playing with her or keeping her from trouble. I want to make extra money at home to help out. But, it seems as though all my time is on her. Any mom's out there that has had these time constrains? What did you do? How did you organize your time so you could make some extra money? Or do you think I should wait until she is a little older?

simplysavvy

Asked by simplysavvy at 1:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hey! I am a stay at home mother as well of a little girl! Im always doing something with her or doing housework.
    I do in home designer jean parties though to make extra income for my family. I only do about 4 or 5 parties a month and usually I do them when my husband is home with kiara jo. Im only gone like 2-3 hours 4-5 times a month so its great!
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 2:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Hi I have a 15 month old who is extremely active and get into everything. I work with a group of moms helping other moms work from home called Internet CEO Moms. I'm able to work at the times I choose (like when she is eating,napping, or after she goes to bed) it's a real simple business I don't have to throw parties or keep inventory. If you would like please feel free to stop by my website and get all the details on what we do http://www.becauseilovethem.com/. If you have any questions just send me over a message and I'll gladly answer them for you.

MaryCEOmom

Answer by MaryCEOmom at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Hi. I am a mother of two and I work full time. I do my business part time and Love it. If I told you that you could make money off of your bills you HAVE to pay every month would be interested. Please contact me for more info. Email me at wadedreams5@gmail.com

Hope to talk to you soon.....

nikisha41

Answer by nikisha41 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Home businesses are great for women with little children. You can concentrate on your daughter during the day and then still have a few hours to spend with adults 1-2 times a week. It is the best of both worlds. If you need to do something during the day, have a special toy or activity that your daughter gets to play with only when mommy needs to work. She will learn to give you that time. I wish I would have found my home business when my kids were that little. I would love to tell you about what I do. By working 1-2 nights a week, you can build an amazing business. Best wishes!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No, I don't think you should wait. It only takes a few hours a day to start your own home business. I do it! I work part-time at our church and have adult children (still at home) who believe me sometimes takes more of my time then when they were little. They love to talk now and tell me everything. I would suggest looking in to a home business and if you decide to here is my website to a great new company that can really help American Families. Contact me any time. http://kathy.xpressabo.com/xhc1
    xpressmom

Answer by xpressmom at 9:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• there are tons of different things you could do..why not start a business in kids toys or kids books.. that way your daughter can work with you! i have a list of a good bit of home businesses in direct sales that may work for you.. earningsinabasket.com
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am a sales Consultant for Brown Bag Party. We offer high quality Spa products, Massage oils & tools, Lingerie, Novelty items and Adult toys. Although I travel to do my parties... most of my work is done from my home office. I only do parties on Saturday evenings though. I make 50% commission and make my own schedule. It is a fun way to meet new people and make some extra cash!

For more information on joining my team please
    visit my website BrownBagParty.com/NaughtyNatasha
    NAUGHTYnatasha

Answer by NAUGHTYnatasha at 6:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011