YIKES GRANDPARENTS!!

Ok soo i have a 2yr old boy and my mom and my bfs mom and step mom ALL try to displine my son when we are there and its driving me nuts i dont know how to be nice about it and tell them stop while we are there. Also my bfs step mom trys to take over and act like mommy to my son calls and checks on him when im at work like everyday and tells my babysitter not to watch him to teach me a lesson so i will let him go spend the nite with her! I NEED HELP BEFORE I JUST FLIP OUT!!

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• ~~~~~~Also my bfs step mom trys to take over and act like mommy to my son calls and checks on him when im at work like everyday and tells my babysitter not to watch him to teach me a lesson so i will let him go spend the nite with her!~~~~~ Oh wow you need to address right away because your child if your life and heart .
    I do understand it is hard but I would take care of this before your child learns to use this as a way to get out of trouble. I think you are in a bad place but you have to correct this for the good of your child.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Easy. Tell them to back off. Right now they do it because you are ALLOWING it. Put your foot down. My mil knows under no uncertain terms is she to EVER discipline my children, even if they are with her. She has to call me first & tell me what they did and what punishment they should have I decide. She was spanking my dd and I dont spank. I told her if I found out she did it again Id yank my dd from her and no more overnights & she would never see her again. You have to actually tell them how you feel and how it offends you.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• get used to it or move far far away...my mom and ex mil did this to me for years now my mom is threatening CPS on me for homeschooling my kids...btw my oldest will be 23 in a few weeks and my little ones are 5, needless to say at 44 I am ready to cut that bitch completely out of my life.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Remind them who the parents are and that as those parents you and you alone will be disciplining your child. They raised theirs and now its your turn to raise yours. Sometimes you can't always say things nicely, you have to make sure they understand you are serious and mean business.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You and your bf need to have a family meeting with all your parents and remind them that YOU are your child's parents and YOU will be the ones doing the disciplining. If they can't but out and back off (and let you handle it) then it might be time to limit their contact with your child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011