What is your cheapest dinner that your kids will eat!?!

I need to REALLY cut back on spending for the next month, I want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my grocery budget as much as possible. I need your ideas!! Thanks!

gardenmommy2

Asked by gardenmommy2 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Unhealthy as it is Totino's pizza with some carrot sticks and dressing isn't a horrible option for one night.
    All veggie meals- use beans of some variety as your protein. ( baked, black beans and rice, lentil soup...) Fresh veggies are in season!!
    SO with breakfast for dinner, spaghetti, fettachini, chicken, soup, pizza and veggie meal we have 7 dinners. Depending on where you live, about... 40-50 dollars for dinner. Fettachini will make left overs for lunch- chicken might depending on your side dishes, soup might depending on how many people you feed. Eggs and home made pancakes make cheap breakfast.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Pasta for sure.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Delux mac-n- cheese with a can of chili (drained) mixed into the Mac-n-cheese.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Breakfast - grits and eggs.

Answer by missanc at 1:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• pasta
    mwengenroth

Answer by mwengenroth at 1:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• http://gingernickgabriel.blogspot.com/2010/01/okie-hot-dogs.html

My kids love those.  I like them, but they're total kid food.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• ramen
    spaghetti (sp?)
    breakfast for dinner
    baked potato
    cheese crisp (quesadilla)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Making you own bread will help to. you can make MANY loaves of bread with a bag of flour, some sugar, some eggs and some yeast
    shop at multiple stores to buy what is on sale. Meal plan around the sales, make you r meal plan then make a lis tof everything you need. go to your pantry and cross off what you have then the biggest thing is sticking to your list. look up coupons for you list. If the product on the coupon is not on your list then it is not saving you anything! It is spending it when you don't 'need' it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Pasta or scrambled, omelette or fried eggs & toast.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Top ramen lol. Seriously we have never had it in the house until the past month or two. My dh used to eat it often when he lived at his moms. Mine had never had it. They LOVE IT. Its like they discovered something new haha. Other things:

Baked Chicken, Rice, Manwiches, Salads, tuna sandwiches, hot dogs, tuna casserole, spaghetti.

Answer by gemgem at 1:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2011