Anyone else go through this?

My cousin for the past 3 months has been very sick. It is getting worse and doctors are doing nothing about it because she doesn't have insurance yet. These are her symptoms. Light headed/dizzy, shakes, severe cramping under her ribs that radiate to her back, vomitting, feels constipated, but isn't, and she is not all there. She is very dazed, off in her own little world. She looks awful, very pale and not herself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• Well, if it all started with the Mirena, it may be the hormones in the mirena. I personally could not handle hormones in birth control pills and that is why I have a basic IUD without hormones. It is removable, so she could exchange the mirena for the 10 year one and when she is ready to have children just have it removed. Its worth a try. I would start there no matter what the docs say if that is when all the problems started.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Man, I have cancer on the brain today. A hypochondriac should probably not answer your question here. I'm so sorry to hear she is sick and hope she gets better soon and it was nothing more than a terrible virus or something passing. I don't believe drs should be allowed to turn ppl away for no insurance.
    Anonymous

• That's what we thought at first. We questioned if she had a virus, then we question her birth control (mirena) doc said everything was fine there. She is getting worse. she cannot even fully take care of her daughter right now because she is so sick. 3 months of increasing pain to the point where she cannot even sleep. I am so worried about her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Did they do an obdominal x-ray to determine she is not constipated? Vomiting is a sign of impaction. Is she eating well? What do her stool look like/ how regular is she? Miralax and glycerin enemas used together for a day or two will help. How old is she? Lyme disease, maybe, but I think impacted is more like it.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I didn't think a county hospital emergency room could turn a person away. Might not be her favorite choice. But, may be her ONLY one at this point.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Miscarriage? Food allergy? Lack of iron? Hmmmm.....
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• They did an ultrasound and an xray, but saw nothing. They want her to get a hydrascan? I have never heard of it before, but with her not having her insurance yet (she started a new job, 90 days before insurance) they don't want to help her. Even though she doesn't care what the price is, she keeps telling them she will pay for whatever, she doesn't want to be in pain anymore. She is 20.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No miscarriage, bloodwork was done. This all started when they placed her mirena, but doc insists it is not the problem. she went to her local ER and they pretty much just drugged her and sent her home. I recommended that she go to a bigger hospital. Right now we are waiting to see if they will do the hydrascan, but the doctor isn't good at getting back with her. He doesn't seem to care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oops...HIDA scan
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011