Has anyone had the BPP done?

Has any of you ladies had the BPP (Bio-physical profile) done? What was your experience? What all did they do?

Thanks :)

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• nope
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Its just a sonogram. It takes longer than a regular sono because they get all the info from it. It doesnt hurt you or the baby. I used to have to get one every week for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. They just need to make sure you have enough amnio fluid, the baby is growing correctly, and they get all the length / lbs info ! No worries !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• generally speaking when your OB sends you for a BPP its because your blood pressure is up and probably have protein in your urine which could be the begining signs of preeclampsia and its mostly bloodwork and possibly a 24 urine.
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 6:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Not that I know of.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I know exactly why I have to have it done, I was just wondering if any of you ladies have gone through it and could tell me what it's like. Thanks anyways :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Comment by PrdWifeNMom07 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011