Hello mom(s) I need you advice.. Trying to conceive using IVF after depo

I am a 19 yr old college student/manager who've been on depo for about 3 years because my menstrual cycles were irregular and very painful this was the only thing that worked for me. I’ve been off the shot for almost two months and was just wondering how long would it probably take for my body to flush out the toxins from my body and about how long after that should I try to conceive? ( I plan on doing IVF combined with ICSI)? I am planning on waiting from a year to two years before trying but is there any way I can find out during that period of time If I am able to conceive? Also the mom that’s reading this thing that I am selfish by deciding to do IVF..?

Praying4MyOwn

Asked by Praying4MyOwn at 12:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on Depo for six month and took Vitex and Dong Quai to get my period back and cycle back to normal. I am still waiting to test and see if I am prego but the vitamins helped me. You can get them from drugstore.com and look for the ones from GNC.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 1:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I had one shot and it took me about 3 months to get pregnant. Im not sure if that helps. I do not think you are selfish for doing IVF, if you need it, thats what is there for. Good luck on TTC!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 3:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think it takes at least a year for your body to adjust after depo
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 9:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2008