Eye liner

I am growing really frustrated with every eye liner that I try to use!!! They never stop smearing. I put eye primer on and everything but the eyeliner still seems to go nuts. With the eye primer its a little better, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good eye liner that doesnt smear!!

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Try using liquid liner. It's a little trickier to get on right, but usually it'll stay put for the entire day, no smearing.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The liquid eye liner from Mac works great! It stays put all day.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 2:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i agree on liquid eyeliner , they also have waterproof kinds that will not smear
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Where at are you lining your eyes? If you're doing your lower water line, use primer underneath your eye and a pale shadow. That should stop the smearing.

It could also be that you are using the wrong type of pencil for the effect you are trying to achieve. Try a liquid liner or a simple pencil that doesn't have as much of a gel or soft consistency.

You could also use an angled brush for applying your liner. You won't have to use as much product and it should help it stay better. Also, many shadows allow for dual use as an eyeliner if you use it with water. You won't get the smudging, but you will get a soft, yet pigmented line.

One more thing, if you're lining your lower water line, switch instead to lining your top water line and closing your eyes for a few seconds to transfer the product. You won't get the goop in the corner and the effect won't be as harsh.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 2:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• have you tried liquid liner
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Get a Glimmersticks Waterproof eyeliner by Avon. I used them and even have oily skin and its the only one I can wear without a primer that stays put all day. This stuff is awesome. I even wear it at the pool sometimes and it stays on. Its inexpensive too. www.youravon.com/dhullum :) Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011