Would you give a guy a chance to be with you if he has a past using drugs but is clean and has been in rehab and doesn't accociate with old friends?

RhiannonNewton

Asked by RhiannonNewton at 2:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• yes. the guy i am talking to now was a drug/alcohol abuser, he is getting help and has been since Nov '10. I don't judge on the past.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes. My DH was a drug addict years before I ever knew him. A person can change when they truly want to. I've known other people who had various addictions and are now great people.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Honestly, I wouldn't. I was married to an alcoholic, and the truth is, even if they're clean now, they will always have an addictive personality. I know what it's like to be with an addict, and I NEVER want to repeat that experience again. Not to say somebody can't have a successful recovery, but because of my personal history with one, I'd always be afraid of that side coming out again... I just wouldn't want to take that chance.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If he was hot and was clean sure and i knew it for sure.....sure
    trisha31

Answer by trisha31 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh he is very sexy and i do know for sure he is clean i have known him my whole life and i am good friends with his mom
    RhiannonNewton

Comment by RhiannonNewton (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• yes, people change.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 2:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes I would, but first make sure he is telling you the truth.

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My husband was a drug user in high school. He's not done anything since I've known him, and I've known him for 11 1/2 years.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't. I married an ex-addict -- who started using again while I was pregnant. He destroyed his life and is not a part of my child's life because he finally got caught and locked up. Addiction is a part of a person's personality that you can't change. There is always the chance when the pressures of life become too much on them, they will start using again (unless they are clean 10 or more years??).
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• yes he seems to have a made a change for a good and i think that deserves a chance
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011