Opinions please! Did I do the right thing?

I just quit my job for many reasons, among them are the fact that "outside" people have been hired for jobs the mgmt KNEW I wanted, they keep scheduling me on days I specifically tell them well in advance that I can't work, the insurance sucks... I dunno, I feel guilty for "letting them down" at this busy season (it was a department store) even though they don't give a crap about me... It's great with hubby, he says I should have done it months ago. It's not gonna put us in a bind financially. Why can't I just get over it?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• You did the right thing if this company doesn't care about you. I left a job that was totally unfair and I struggled mentally for weeks. When you do your best and the company doesn't care it makes you feel bad. I finally started focussing on a work at home business that I no longer had to worry about being mistreated. The aweful thoughts and feelings have left now and I am utilizing the skills that I had been paid to learn.
    Maybe you should look into a work at home opportunity that will benefit you and your families future. I would love to tell you about my work at home if you are interested.
    Roxanne
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think you can't get over it because the way that they treated you. I think you done the right thing.
    sweetsmo

Answer by sweetsmo at 12:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i think you probably feel bad because your thinking you left them high and dry maybe, or because you felt like you should be bringing in money too, but i dont think you should, if your not happy there, you shouldnt stay there.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It's perverse, but sometimes we have a harder time letting go of bad jobs. I've been in that position too...and am in it now. I just took a job that pays better than I've eve been paid, with better benefits...but I'm finding myself focusing on the previous freelance job where I was underpaid and had no benefits.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Dont feel bad! No one deserves bad treatment! Congratulations for taking matters into your own hands! Plus think of the benefits of not working (at least for a while), and if your happier not working, well, happier mommy means happier kiddos
    newmommy1201

Answer by newmommy1201 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2008