How important is sex in a relationship??

or simply when finding a spouse or whatever??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I think its very important, not the number one thing as honesty, trust and communication............shows how much you love someone and is a great stress reliever, why would you not want sex if you are in love with someone and something physically is not wrong with you? In that case I think if you love someone you would go without for the other
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• To me it is an essential part of a relationship, it is a way of bonding and becoming one.

Answer by older at 2:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i think it depends on the people involved. i mean sex is important but i don't think its the most important. trust, patience, love are more important and of course stability in that relationship
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Sex when finding a spouse? I'm of a mind that that sort of thing should be kept between you and that ONE person you are going to be with. I don't believe you should sleep with every guy you date "just to see". It is definitely something to keep for the couple who is committed to each other.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Honesty and trust around sex is extremely important. However, my DF and I have been having issues in the bedroom for the last few years. I want it more than he does- in fact he hardly ever wants it at all. But since that is our only issue I think we are doing pretty damn well. :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I can and only will speak in regards to my marriage (of nearly 26 years) Sex is an important part of our marriage.

Sex is far more than just the physical mechanics and then orgasmic release. Sex is a cosmic dance that brings me and my husband closer to one another and the divine. Sex helps to keep us in harmony. Sex helps to keep us connected. Sex helps us to stay on an even keel and not be over stressed. 

We had a period of time years ago in which our sex life was anything but satisfying/fulfilling/pleasurable for both of us, and that led to us going spans of time without having sex. That caused huge issues in our marriage. Being rejected sexually made us both feel: unwanted, unloved, like we were no longer desired, unattractive..and my other feelings that were poiseness to us and our marriage. 

Lesson learned: sex is far more important in our long term marriage than we  realized.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 90% to me
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I read something one time and don't even remember where but it read something like this? Do you know what the biggest instinct in humans is?....The answer was survival. The second question was do you know what the second biggest instinct in humans is?....lol yup you might have guessed its sex. Pretty big if you ask me.
    trisha31

Answer by trisha31 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Very. I didn't have sex with my ex-husband before we married (we married fast) and that was all a big lesson.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• happy99.99% I think its extremely important! Its something you enjoy and your partner should enjoy as well!!

Mudda69

Answer by Mudda69 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011