Might be pinkeye......

This morning 4 yr DD woke up with her eye really puffy and halfway closed and the white of her eye is pink but there is no mucus or discharge or anything like that. I asked her if the dog scratched her in the eye and she said no, she also said no when I asked her if she accidentally scratched herself....When I ask her if it hurts she says yes but she's not showing any actual signs of it hurting....she's behaving like her regular self.....Does this sound like pinkeye? And if it is do I take her to the hospital or can I give her something at home to help?

First time dealing with anything related to pinkeye so sorry about my ignorance lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• pinkeye is extremely contagious and needs antibiotics to treat it properly, take her to the docs asap, it's so easy to spread it.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Possibly pink eye. Is is scratchy or irritating? I would just call doctor. If it is pink eye you would need atb eye drops. I am not aware of anything over the counter to treat it with. Does she have allergies?
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 2:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would take her to the doctor right away it is very contagious and needs to be addressed and taken care of properly
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Take her to her pediatrician today. They can take a look and tell you what it is. The drops for pinkeye, as long as it is bacterial, are VERY effective. SHe should not go to school or daycare until she has been on tx for at least 24 hours.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My 5 year old DS had pink eye a couple months ago. I was able to go to Walmart and pick up a bottle of eye drops that were specifically for pink eye...I used the eyedrops and it cleared up, he was back at school in a matter of a couple of days.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would fo to the doctor to get meds for it
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 10:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011