What do I do?? evil sink!!

We're renting a house, and the landlord's sink has a spray nozzle that I never use...it is covered in limescale and just gross looking. But I accidentally pushed the handle when I was cleaning around it, and now it won't turn off!! Any time I turn the faucet on, water sprays everywhere!!

HELP!!!

btw...our landlords are in Israel, so we deal directly with the property managers, and they are douches who don't give a shit. We're still waiting for them to fix the dishwasher...and its been 6 months. But this isn't about them, I just need advice about how to deal with this.

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 2:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You can buy a new nozzle and hose at Lowe's for about 8.0 to 15.00 and replace it they are real easy they just unscrew under the sink. Will take about 10 mins to change and then the leak, lime yuck is gone and then you can even use it!!!!! If I can change mine anyone can.
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Go to the store, buy some LimeAway. Pour it into a bowl in the sink, pull the spray hose out enough to lay the nozzle in it. Let soak, check periodically till clean. Toothbrush comes in handy while doing this.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Shouldnt cost more than $5 to get a new little nozzle..good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I like what button said . . . buy the cheapest new nozzle you can get. If you can't figure out how to install it, ask around . . . chances are someone might be willing to drop by for ten minutes and replace it for you.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I don't know diddly when it comes to home improvement. I'll leave it to DH to deal with...lol
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Landlord suck, though, I know. When I was renting, we had a faucet that was leaking. I told my landlord. SHe said, "Tell your husband to fix it! If I have to send someone out there, I will charge you and raise your rent!" Yikes.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Just soak it in plain vinegar for about an hour, rinse it, and it should be fine. You can do the same thing with gunky shower heads, and any other spray nozzles you have ~ including soap dispensers (actually pump the vinegar up through them and soak them).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011