Seperation/divorce

How long before you finally just said enough is enough. Did you seperate for awhile first or just go ahead with the divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been with my kids daddy for going on 6 yrs and 3 of those 6 years I've wanted out. I've been mentally abused by him, Felt neglected, and was just plain down on myself because of the way he treated me. Everyone says I'm crazy for keeping him in my life for such a long time. But It's hard when you have two autistic children and absolutely no help. I finally got into an apartment where I can afford to live. alone. I just can't find it in my heart to hurt him or the kids, I want to start dating other people but It's hard with him in my life all the time. There's no flame left to even try to light so I am about to explain to him. He says it's me but I sit at home day in and day out with my kids. Cant do anything. Dont have a social life. But yeah sorry felt good to get that out of my head. It's hard to do but WE deserve better. Dont let him bring you down. It's not your fault..
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It took me 8 years... But I think I gave up on the relationship quite a bit before then. I was scared to leave, scared I wouldn't be able to afford my own place, I had no family here, no friends (he kept me isolated), so it took me a while to work up the nerve to leave. But once I did, I filed for divorce right away. I knew I wasn't going to change my mind, so why wait?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• When I just felt like it couldn't get any worse and took the leap when my DD was 6 months. It was rough for a bit, but today 5 1/2 yrs later I see it was a great decision. I went right ahead with divorce, of course in my state you have to be seperated for an entire year if you have children, but the feelings were dead and gone before that year past.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Took me 2 years to get to the decision to file. I filed and had him move out so I didn't have to move our son out of his home.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i was married for 17 years and 7 of those years he was cheating. i finally said enough when i found out he produced two kids with her.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• When I married, I made vows for life, as did my husband. We have had many things to iron out over the years, but divorce was never an option. We have now been married more than 46 years and are looking forward to many more.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• In Va, you have to be seperated for 1 year before you can get divorced. I have been seperated for about 10 months now but started the process at about the 6 month mark. Monday, We go to try and work things out outside of court so hopefully by the time May 24th rolls around we will be officially divorced. Next week will be our 9th anniversary. I was with my husband pretty much since I was 14 years old. I stayed WAAAAAY to long. I should have divorced him years ago.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• seperated then finally divorced...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011