Baptism gifts for adults?

I need some Baptism gift ideas for adults....
Me, my MIL, and cousin (teen) have been wanting to get baptised but just keep putting it off so we have decided we may all do it together!!
Id love to give them a nice personal gift, but all I am finding is for babies.
We are Southern Baptist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• What about a prayer journal? Or maybe a piece of jewelry for each of you that in some way symbolizes the #3?
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Necklaces with crosses or bracelets with crosses. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on real gold then try etsy.com and search for cross in the jewery section. They even will make personal charms in silver with a cross & and initials/dates on silver disks.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• There is a really good book I would recommend, its called Girls Gone Wise by Mary Kassian. You could buy it and write a personal note in it.
    http://store.reviveourhearts.com/girlsgonewiseinaworldgonewild.aspx

the site that the book is on is a good site too, its much more than just selling books.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• A beautiful new Bible ( you can get one at a local Christian store) . . . or go to Micheals, buy a picture frame, and personalize it . . for them to put a picture of the event in it.
    Conratulations!!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I've given an adult a nice new Bible before. You can get an even nicer one with their name on the front. Even just a nice card would be good. Maybe you can find something at your local Christian book store. They usually have tons of gift ideas.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• They're getting the greatest gift. Make a donation in honor of their choice to a Matthew 25-type organization.
    Sarahinez

Answer by Sarahinez at 4:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011