Needing Really Cheap Meal Ideas

Hi Ladies,
I'm needing some really really cheap but healthy meal ideas. I'm in a pinch and won't have much money left over for food. So ideas would be greatly apprciated
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Sloppy joes, tacos, Chicken with gravy, spagetti, grilled cheese with tomato soup, breakfast items
    hope this helps.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 2:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Banquet Homestyle Bakes are great! they are boxed dinners that are really easy to make.
    You have Pizza Pasta, Lasagna, country chicken, creamy chicken and biscuits, creamy turkey and stuffing. They are all really good.
    And they are like $3-4.
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• quesdillas (put any type of meat, cheese, and veggies in it)....mac n cheese with chicken in it....
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Pasta Salad (pasta, can corn, can peas, can black beans, 1 can of chicken breast, bottle of dressing, I prefer Red Wine Vinegrette or Italian) Costs about $6.00 but feeds the 3 of us for Dinner, lunch and usually a side to accomany a different meat the next night.
    Ghetto Stir fry (LOL) Beef flavored Ramen noodles, bag of frozen asian veggies, 1/2 turkey smoked sausage-sliced, make a sauce of the beef flavoring, a little hoisen sauce, little soy sauce, water) Also estimate the cost to be about $6-$7
    Tuna Salad or Tuna noodle casserole.
    Beef O' getti (lb of ground beef or turkey, tomato sauce, bos of mac'n cheese)
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I made chicken breasts in my crock pot last night with chicken broth. We didn't eat all of the chicken, so today I am reusing the chicken and broth to make chicken noodle soup.

Meals that you can turn into two dinners is a great way to save money!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• sloppy joes, homemade pizza, sandwiches and soup, I do up mac and cheese and stir in peas and a can of tuna, breakfast night of pancakes or french toast, chilli, baked pts and then add diced ham and broccoli,etc. or put the chilli over them, I do up egg noodles, with some mayo and cream of chixen soup and then add cooked vegs and cheese and then put in oven just to melt the cheese, lasanga with bread or tossed salad. Just a tossed salad then add crackers or cresent rolls, spagetti,chicken and use in chicken helper,or even can add with the noodle dish from above.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• french toast, baked potatos, those banquet meals are cheap like jgreene92 said...jsut make some veggies and whatnot with them, banquet pot pies are cheap and have veggies in them already...spaghetti feeds a lot and is way cheap- you can use as much or as little meat as you want- chicken and dumplings, grilled cheese, quesadillas- with as much or as little on them as you want, rice with mushroom soup and maybe some chicken, mac and cheese...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Wow, lots of ideas.Yep, we are all right with you!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Potato Soup is VERY inexpensive and filling and EASY to make. I make tons of homemade soups - I usually put carrots and celery in - they're both cheap and healthy.

Good luck!! ;)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 4:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Try pb&j french toast! It is good, fun and cheap! tator topper (top a baked tator with chili beans and cheese or ham and cheese or broccoli and cheese on top)
    gardenmommy2

Answer by gardenmommy2 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011