Why does she try to make me feel bad about myself? VENT!!!!!

Every once in a while I will post a status on my facebook like "Just made blueberry muffins! Yummy! Can't wait to eat them!" or "My wonderful hubby cleaned the bathroom for me :) I'm so lucky!" or something to explain my great mood for the day. I am a naturally upbeat person and love to share good news with others.
My friend "Stacy" married young, had three kids with her husband, and is now divorced and living with her parents. She has custody, but he gets visitation every week. She doesn't work, doesn't cook, doesn't clean, and loves to complain. Every status of HERS is something like "My kids are so out of control! I can't take them anywhere!" and "Why do I hate everything?"
Every time I post an upbeat status, she pounces on it. "I just made cookies for my wonderful husband" "Well aren't you just such a nice wife :( " "Going to the mall with baby to walk around" "Must be nice to have time to do stuff like that :( " I swear I am going to delete her as a friend. I am so sick of her acting like everything in my life is accidentally perfect, while hers is some horrible tragedy that isn't her fault. I married a wonderful man that I knew for years before we even dated, got married, had our son, and am pregnant with our daughter. She married the first guy with rich parents she found, had three kids, realized his parents weren't going to die for a really long time, divorced him, and is sucking the life out of her own parents now. We have been friends since we were little kids, and obviously were raised very differently. Our moms are friends, our dads are friends, our sisters anre friends, and our brothers are friends. Since she and I are the same age we were always thrown together as kids, and I am soooo done!!!! I'm leaving cafe mom and going to delete her right now......

For the record, the last time I actually saw her in person she accused me of lying of facebook to make my life look perfect, and kept asking me whether I live in Camelot or not. I considered dumping her then, but didn't. This last comment from today was the grand finale. I'm so freakin' done!! Anybody ever have to ditch a person like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Oooooh man, that kind of stuff drives me up the wall 90 miles an hour! I mean don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of boo hoo facebook statuses, but they are rare. I will delete people because every post they make is "FML" this and "FML" that and its usually over the stupidest shit ever. Some people love living in misery, and misery loves company. I would delete her, because you didn't get to the happiness your at by having debbie downer make you question every ounce of happiness you have. Cut her loose, that's what I would do. GL.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Obviously she is bitter about her own life, so she tries to knock down others and spread that unhappiness around. I have people like that in my life too, and I agree--it sucks. I wish they'd just pull themselves up by the bootstraps, get their s**t together, and quit trying to make everybody else miserable.
    Anyway, I'd either delete her or if there's a way you can hide your posts from her (don't know the technicalities of facebook all that well) then I would definitely do that. You certainly don't need that kind of crap from a "friend".
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• U can stay on cafemom,just block her from contacting u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She is so jealous of u!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• that is NOT A friend.. I would delete her too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She is just jealous that you have what she wants and couldn't keep dont let it gwt you down shes just a hater
    RhiannonNewton

Answer by RhiannonNewton at 3:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She's just jealous of you. She's probably depressed and very unhappy. Try posting inspirational quotes on the status and find ones that say things that applu to bad mood's and changing your life. See how that works on her.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Jealous. Unfriend her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She's a frenemy. Lose her.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would delete her. She sounds super jealous of you.
    paprincess629

Answer by paprincess629 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011