To Keep or not to keep, that is my question! adult content

Do you think it would be wise to remove my uterus? Not the ovaries, just the uterus? A normal uterus is about 9cm, but mine is 14! Almost double. I have discomforts all the time and a larger abdomen. Thank goodness no fibroids or cysts.. just a large uterus with lots of side effects such as constipation and bloating all the time. Many have said that as long as Im done with bearing children, which I am, then there is no need. Its just a deposit for infections.... What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• I think you need to get "many" Professional Doctors opinions before making that decision.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• here's a bump but man.... that's SUCH a personal question I don't even know if I wanna offer an opinion!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If you've had kids than it's normal for it to enlarge, but if you get it out, no more pain and uncomfortable feelings. NO period either. A Definate plaus if you ask me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I say get rid of it. I have a huge fibroid in mine but they won't take it out :( I have been trying to get a hysterectomy for years.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Honestly, if it bothers you that much, and you know for sure you're done having kids, I'd say get it removed. You'd have to deal with going through menopause, but in the long run, it would probably be worth it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think as long as you are finished having babies and won't cry somewhere down the road over it, then yes. I got my tubes tied last May and I was just 21. I regret it but I didnt want to take the risk of having another preemie. Both of my kids are Autistic. I would look at the bright sides with having no Uterus..No Period. Saves money..lol I don't know about menapause though. with keeping the Ovaries. I had the oppurtunity to do it because my uterus is alot like yours but I messed around and my insurance ran out. So yeah I would do it.
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I just recently had a full hysterectomy through a robot, minible  invasive procedure, if it is causing your problems I would remove it, not worth keeping it has done it's purpose and not needed anymore.

Answer by older at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with all of you!! My thoughts exactly! Yes, I am done having children! Im done with all the pain and discomforts every single day with no relief. Thanks! Everyone I have asked have all said the same thing!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011