Has anyone tried the Love and Logic series?

I've found a program called Love and Logic and seems really good and helpful. Some of the materials seem a bit expensive, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried it (and which ones) and has some reviews. My daughter is almost 4.

Roseymagnolia

Asked by Roseymagnolia at 3:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes. me and my husband took a 2 hour class also and although it is used and works best on older 5, 6 7 year olds and above, we started it with our son at 2-12 - I LoVE it. Its hard to stay consistent and we plan to retake the course but it makes a lot of sense AND works lol!~ 4 would be great to start it!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I took the course as a teacher--after my kids were grown--so I talked to them about it. DS told me that he still remembered (8-10 years!) the time I told him, "I'm going to have to think about what to do about what you've done." He said it was much more frightening than my doling out a punishment right away.
    Sarahinez

Answer by Sarahinez at 4:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's a wonderful program! My husband and I have taken a 7 week course twice now. We took it the first time when our twins were 17 months old and our older daughter was 12. It worked like magic on the little ones. It took a little longer with the older one, but it has been very effective with her too. If you can find a class I highly recommend taking it. Also, get your husband on board if you can - it will help you stay on track. The first class we took was offered by our local school district, and the second one was offered by a local church.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If you can't find a class you might like either the birth to 6 book or the basic Love & Logic parenting book for ages 7 to 12 (orange cover). You might find books, CDs, or DVDs at your library also. A lot of the basic techniques are the same for all ages. Our older daughter took the course with us the second time, and she is very good at using it when she helps with the little ones.
    TweenAndTwinMom

• I never heard of it before but now I'm intrigued.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I didn't care for it maybe it was the person teaching the class but I didn't get that much helpful information out of it.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:45 PM on May. 21, 2011