Is it normal to be getting period like cramps sometimes and im only 26 weeks ist child

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 3:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes its normal for the most part had a nurse explain it to me the other night. The bigger you get the more your uterus wants to drop so then your abdomonal muscles start battling your uterus to keep holding it up which causes what they call ligment pains. Hopefully this helps and congrats on the baby!!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• In my point of view, no. You could be having Braxton Hicks, but it depends on how long have you been getting them? Most women don't start getting Braxton Hicks until they're 6 months along, and even then most get them in the last 10 weeks of pregnancy.

In my opinion, you need to go to the doctor. Have you had any bleeding, spotting, drainage, anything at all?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Call the doc
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well I'm 26 weeks as of today and I have not been having any cramps. It could be normal though. The only think I'm experiencing is a sore belly above my belly button which is most likely from my stomach stretching.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Sometimes it is it depends if your uterus can support the weightt of the baby but never be too safe always call your doctor and ask as many questions as neccesary!
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yep. Fun, isn't it?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011