Honestly, do you have this problem?

Stupid roaches? I can clean and clean and clean and yet we have the stupid things! Can't afford any professionals to come in so we do the walmart sprays. So honestly who has this problem in there home? Anything you've found that helps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Roaches come because of food thats easy to get at, not because your clean or not clean. Dont leave anything out for them. That means bread on the counter, cookie jar, coffee grounds still in the coffee maker and the inside of the microwave. If your in an apartment or attached type of home they may be coming from the neighbors. There are many ways to treat for them yourself, but a professional treatment may be in order to get them under control first.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• ewww I hate those things. We got them once when new neighbor moved in next to us, we paid proffessionals it didnt work they came out like 3 times and Im like why isnt this working> The guys said that they had restrictions on what they could use and its just not strong enough. We finally got rid of them because my dh got a box of powder from walmart and dumped in everywhere. I mean cuboards floors it was crazy probably not safe for us but it worked within days. I think it may have been called borick acid or something
    Anonymous

• They also liek water so if you have even the smallest of leaks, they will find it.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• We used to have neighbors that would spray once a month and we would get a flood of them every time. It was horrible. My husband got some kind of bug bomb and set that off. We had to leave for a while (we took the opportunity and took a weekend vacation) but it did get rid of them. As soon as the neighbors put their house on the market we bought it, just to keep from having more neighbors like them.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Only as a child living in my mother's house. vbruno said it all. Good Luck and hopefully you can figure out a way for the professionals to come in to get rid of them all once and for all.....
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Ewww! I'm sorry!!! That must be frustrating! But yeah...if you have dirty neighbors...............
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Every time our neighbors moved and their apartment was cleaned out we'd get them. I had a little one so chemicals were out of the question. We used baking soda. Sprinkled it around the baseboards and counters. They eat it then drink water and it kills them. My mother had the same problem and she put a shallow dish of coffee and went they drank it they drowned. Not sure why but it worked for her.
    PandoraRobin

Answer by PandoraRobin at 7:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• OMG I would freak if I saw that I have never lived with roaches. Do ya live some where really hot? I do know that you have to get sprayed professionally other wise they will never go away....yikes good luck, get it done some how.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• here's also a bump for you...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No.. Thank goodness!! But good luck!!
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 9:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011