What do you think the FUTURE will hold for human evolution?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i'd like to see us evolve to the point where we as humans can handle stomach acid in the esophagus. lets face it, heartburn is torture and so is acid reflux. it would be nice for the esophagus to evolve to have a protective lining like the stomach
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• We will probably end up dying from some genetically mutated Gene therapy from all the experimentation scientists do these days. You know, like that movie I am Legend with Will Smith. It's only a matter of time before something goes horribly wrong with Gene therapy. Science only understands how 5% of the DNA code works. Thats too little in my opinion to be trying to play Creator or God.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Do you mean physically- I read some place where scientists believe humans will no longer have some unused organs- I like momo's answer too-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i was just tossin the question out there. i guess you can answer it anyway. Physically, or whatever you have in mind... for fun.

hmm, maybe no food and all we have to do is take a vitamin. thats one of my thoughts
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think we'll evolve with ways to improve our health and I think we'll turn more to alternative medicines (or old). But overall, I think this planet's time is expiring in another two hundred years or so...JMO
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Are you kidding?

Humans are DE-evolving!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think we'll continue to become a little taller than our recent ancestors on average. Our brains grew tremendously compared to our closest relatives in the animal kingdom, but I think they have been shrinking on average over the last 5000 years. I think we are generally less strong as a species than we used to be, and considering more and more people sit around cubicles most of the day, I'm sure we will continue to become physically weaker on average. I think as the population continues to grow and food sources get scarce, we may see digestive changes that allow us to process certain types of foods that we had trouble with or couldn't digest in the past--just as lactose tolerance in adulthood wasn't prevalent until about 3000 years ago. Now, most adults can digest milk, even though some people still have lactose problems. Culturally--we will be able to multi-task more and more--though I don't know if that's a good thing.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Realistically - extinction. We're curing and longevity-ing ourselves out of resources, and eventually we're going to breed ourselves to death like unculled deer do in overpopulated areas.

Ideally - we will fall pray to some as yet undiscovered (or undeveloped in a lab) bug that will wipe out a large percentage of the population globally. Those that survive will propagate a resistance to the bug, and things carry on for a few more cycles like they did after the Dark Ages.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I guess if you believe in evolution you don't have a very promising future.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• We were just talking about my eggs failure to evolve yesterday when we were arguing whose fault it was that I am pregnant. He says my egg was in his way. I said that my egg was essentially defenseless, and there was no way for it to retreat. Finally, it led to the statement that pregnancy was my fault because of my eggs failure to evolve and adapt with some sort of defense mechanism.

Maybe if it does evolve to have a defense mechanism, the over population problems wont be a problem either? LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011