How long and what did you do to get over a past miscarriage?

Mommylovesu2011

Asked by Mommylovesu2011 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I cried alot, taklked about it alot, and then got pregnant the month after. My OB told me not to wait.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had 2 still born's. Thats even harder than a miscarriage if you ask me. I grieved for a time with each, then moved forward. I had no choice but to move forward and past them. Time dosnt heal all wounds, but time does lessen the hurt. I ended up with 2 healthy live kid's who are now adults. Im very blessed.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I always think about it and now that I'm pregnant I'm just a nervous wreck! The miscarriage has affected my past and is working on my future. I just want to move on.
    Mommylovesu2011

Comment by Mommylovesu2011 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had a miscarriage in the early weeks and it was comparable to having a month-long period. I did cry. Then 6 months later, I got pregnant and I was afraid that I would miscarry again. But I didn't and I had a wonderful little girls.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy at six weeks while my SO was in the hospital nearly dying. I think it was the stress factor and me crying every day which caused the horrible miscarriage. It was the first time for me being pregnant so I honestly didn't think it would affect me but as soon as I had my D&C I came home and ended up sleeping all the time for about 3 months. It got really crazy because I had it in my head that if something died inside me then I must be dying. Well I ended up getting pregnant again and honestly that's what made me feel better. I'm now 26 weeks with a baby boy, due July 4th... Good luck and just remember that it's not the end of the world, it may feel like it but just give your body lots of rest.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had two miscarriages back to back and it was rough for me, cried a lot and felt like we did something to cause it which isn't true in most cases. We got preggo 3 years later and now have a perfect 2 1/2 mo DD! That first ultrasound at 6 weeks though we were a freakin wreck, I was laying there like a little kid with my fingers crossed, just show me the heartbeat! Time makes it easier, I think the farther along in your pregnancy the further your focus will shift :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I was about 13 weeks when I miscarried . . . we had already seen the baby, the heartbeat . . .everything looked great .. . so, it was a bit of a shock, and I was already feeling like I was out of the woods. One of the things that I did to help me grieve was a wonderful suggestion by my husband. We bought a whole bunch of flowers, went to the cemetary, and left a beautiful flower for all of the babies who were buried. It somehow made me feel like I was "respecting" the passing on, marking it, and it helped me emotionally get unstuck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• OP, you mentioned a blighted ovum in another question, which is what I had. For me, the best thing was to remind myself that with a blighted ovum, there never was a fetus, just a gestational sac. I think it would have been much harder to have seen a heartbeat, and then lose it. Plus, blighted ovums are just freak occurances, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, and the odds of having another one are actually pretty slim...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• well its been a yr since the missacarriage. :(
    pretty much what caused it was my bf sister. I wud get mad and cry and i stressed myself out.
    I didnt think it wud harm my baby. :( now i regret every single moment i cried bc i lost my baby. :(
    MissinEm.

Answer by MissinEm. at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have 2 angel babies. One would be 27 this year & the other, 20. I can't say I really ever "got over" the miscarriages per se. I always find myself wondering what they would have become at this point in life. Although the wounds aren't fresh, the scars are still there. But, what got me through it all was knowing that everything happens for a reason. Even if we don't ever know what that reason might be. And, though it hurt then, & creeps up on me now & then even after so long, I have at least 2 beautiful guardian angels watching over me.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011