What would you do? OUTRAGOUS

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/185660
This is about a teacher forcibly cutting a students hair!

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, seriously? Um..I'd be PISSED first off if I were the parent. And if I were the school district, that teacher would be GONE.
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 12:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i would shave her fucking head.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Not only would I be upset over her cutting his hair but I would be livid over my son being shoved against a locker. Have they fired this teacher? I don't get why people in education are not fired when they take such drastic measures. I mean if I attacked someone on the job or cut their hair forcibly then I would loose my job. I come from a family full of educators and none of them would ever harm a student. They are experts in their fields and love thier jobs and it shows. This teacher is not an expert and needs to change careers.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That is just wrong on so many levels. I would have been livid. I'm not one for wanting to sue over every little thing but this...this I would have sued over because that teacher, in essence, assaulted that boy.

I don't get people. It's none of the teacher's business how the kid keeps his hair. Last year we let our son grow out his hair. His bangs were the same length as the rest of his hair...down to his chin. he looked very handsome and no one said a word. And this was at a Catholic school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I would have been so mad. That teacher should loose her job I will not argue about that.But, I wouldn't have been asking for any kind of financial gain. Ahaircut, forcible or not, is not worth that much money. People are way to sue happy these days. 

momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I disagree momie. If it had been simply cutting his hair fine, we can get over that. But what happened was she stood him in front of the class and humiliated him in front of his peers. We all know how hard it is to be a preteen. That is some serious mental anguish. I would sue for how this kid is going to feel for a long time.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I would seek a law suit as well If nothing else but to help pay for therapy.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I feel we worry way to much about the "emotional effects" of events. Life is full of moments like these. How are we teaching our kids to survive in the real world? Everytime something bad happens to them instead of saying "live and learn" we are teaching them "blush and sue".

I just wish things were dealt with outside of the courts once in a while. You know like how they used to do it. When parents talked to principles and teachers not lawyers.

I will give you that pnwoman, therapy is the only reason i would ever ask for money in something like this.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 2:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Momie, I agree with your point about dealing with things outside of the courts. I don't think I would ever be one to sue unless the situation was already about money.
    But, I would definitely want to see that teacher fired. I would also probably have some fantasies about vigilante justice.

I really disagree that this is a case of a kid learning to survive in the real world or that life is full of these moments. A bully in the playground is a good example of a kid learning how to survive the real world. Being assaulted by a teacher is way beyond the "live and learn" lesson. If that kind of thing happened in the real word, among adults, there would be jail time. One thing that really makes me angry is that in our society, children are not respected as people. That is the first thing I would want to see change.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 2:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• For real I would not seek anything above the cost of therapy. And ensuring that this did not happen again I would demand the teacher be dimissed.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2008