• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone tried the electronic cigs?

I'm just wondering because I want to quit and have tried lots of things. Tried hypmotism, the patch, lasar treatment and just putting them down, but always go back.

darter

Asked by darter at 3:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• My Dad used the E-Cig's to quit smoking real ones. For him it worked. Your still getting nicotine with the E-Cig's, but I guess the lack of other chemicals and no tar is what matters?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My mother just got my grandmother one. My grandma has dementia but for some reason can remember cigarettes. So my Mom got her one and my grandma said and I quote, "I don't know who told you this was a cigarette but they are full of shit" lol My mom was mad because it cost like $75.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 3:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my granny got an e cig...she was smoking 2 packs a day and she said when she started using the e cig she went to smoke one of her real ones and it tasted horrible. she said she prefers the e cig over the reals ones now because the real ones taste nasty to her. She says just the smell of the real ones make her gag now. I'm so proud of her
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• well i have one and im trying to quit also its on www.smokesation.com they have diff ones and i just started yay with mine and havent picked up a real one yet like it no smell to it the smoke is water vapor and you can smoke in the house in the car around your kids and its healthier all it has is the niciten and all the other bad stuff is taken out they also have different flavors =) good luck with your quiting!!!
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Love them! I smoke blu cigs, and I use the non nicotine cartridges. Nicotine makes my heart race something fierce but I love the flavors blu offers.
    MrsCota

Answer by MrsCota at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No. I guess I've been turned off by the aggressive people who have been at the booth in the mall, and by the heavy marketing of them. I figured that if I was going to go through the trouble and expense that comes with e-cigs I might as well just keep smoking. (I'd feel a little embarrassed to spark one up and "smoke" it in a no-smoking area.) I'm starting to rethink it, though. I really do need to quit. Do they really satisfy nicotine cravings?
    ThreeKidsEnough

Answer by ThreeKidsEnough at 4:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I've heard people say that they worked for them
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 10:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 2 of my classmates tried them...and two days later, they were back on regular cigarettes :(
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011