Using the same name?

My husband and I are expecting baby #3 this fall. We have never been able to agree on a boys name but we finally agreed on Tripp. Well we have mutual friend that is having a boy in April and is going to name her baby Tripp. We are not close friends but would it be wrong to use the same name? We may not even have a boy I just want to know what you would do. Thanks

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Baby Names

• no I don't think it would be wrong. Espessially if you guys aren't close.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Id use the name.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm sorry but its going to look like you stole the name. It would be uncomfortable for me personally.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Name the child whatever makes you happy!! If it comes up between your friends, tell them youve had your heart set on it for a long time.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Who cares. Its YOUR child, not hers and you aren't related, barely even friends.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I totally love Trigg! My husband is not as big a fan as I am though! I love it hahaha
    lillysmama2008

Comment by lillysmama2008 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Or you could give your child a REAL name like John, or Billy, or Steve.
    Anonymous

• Name him what you like. You could be 1000 miles away from that person by the time your son knows his own name.
    Sarahinez

Answer by Sarahinez at 3:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thanks anonymous! I guess I was confused what REAL names were but thanks for setting me straight! lol
    lillysmama2008

Comment by lillysmama2008 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It is MY opinion that if you like the name, use it. If the other parents say something about you using 'their' name tell them that you have liked that name for a long time and had thought (before theirs was born) that if yours was a boy you would use that name.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011