What do I do about all these breakouts!

Yikes! My face looks like I am a teenager!! (I'm 30!) What the heck! I drink plenty of water and have a good diet! I have not had very good luck with many face washes, many of them seem to make it worse!

gardenmommy2

Asked by gardenmommy2 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried proactive? Did you change fabric softeners or soap, shampoo conditioner lately? That could cause a break out. Keep your sheets and pillow cases clean as well. Your face is on the pillow for hours every night. Im 44 and still get acne on occasion. Never had it in my teens, only after I had kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• okay so i can not use most products on the market they make it worse i have learned to take a wash rag when im in the shower and take dial soap bar and clean my face and scrb with the wash rag. I put on olay lotion afterwards. ITs the only thing that works for me and its cheap. Also if im having a bad breakout i rub pheroxide on my face i do this before bed because it dries my face out real bad then put lotion on in the morning. NOt something you wanna do all the time.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 4:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Try proactive and/or Cedaphyl works pretty well!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• sounds systemic/hormonal, face wash generally will not help especially on systemic breakouts. never ever use soap on your face.
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 6:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You might want to try a Dermatologist. If you can't afford it, you might want to try a more specialized skin care system. To start, I would check out Clinique. Their products are hypoallergenic and can be interchanged to help you see results. Once you get on a system, I would stick to it religiously. Also, there are other steps that you can take to avoid breakouts. Keep your sheets and pillow clean by washing them with a detergent that has no dyes or perfumes. When talking on the phone, keep the screen and buttons away from your face as your fingers touch them and transfer oils and bacterias to it that can end up on your face (bleh). Try and keep your hair off of your face so that the oils don't transfer. And always avoid touching your face. Our hands pick up so much gunk that it can't be good to have on your face. I hope that you're able to get your acne sorted out!!! Just be patient and it will happen!! :)
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 11:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• have you tried making a paste out of baking soda and water and making a mask on your face.
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I use antibacterial soap and then apply an over the counter spot treatment over entire face. It is the only thing that keeps my face clear.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011