AGE?

whats a good age to have a baby and settle down?

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• haha what a question lol i don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I also don't think you can ever be totally prepared no matter what age. I was 21 when we had our son and had our DD 6 yrs later.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• There is no good age to do that.

A baby is not an excuse to change your life and try to seem like a grown-up. You have a baby when your birth control fails or when your love for your spouse morphs into "What would our kids be like?"
    Sarahinez

Answer by Sarahinez at 4:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had my little girl when I was 34. I am very happy I waited until I was older to have her. It does not bother me to be home on a Friday an Saturday night.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 4:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• when you and your SO are mature and finacially stable
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• (age ?) When you are married and financially secure. Rarely happens completely. :o)
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• when you feel you are ready i had my first at 20 and was married at 19
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im 20 and have a 2yr old and a bf not thought marriage just still datin even tho we been together for almost 4yrs.
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you are good parents and can provide everything the baby needs. It doesnt have to be the most expensive stuff or the latest and greatest. And there is no law saying you have to be married, if it aint broke dont fix it :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think people should wait until at least mid 20s to get married - you change so much in your 20s! And since I think people should be married before having kids, late 20s is a great time to have kids.

Answer by missanc at 4:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The one where you feel ready for all that. lol. there's no way to put a specific age set on this. I'm comfortable being a wife and step mom and I'm only 18. Yet my friend is 25 and still not ready to settle down and my sister who's thirty isn't ready to settle down either. It's all about personal maturity and when each individual feels ready to settle in and take that kind of responsibility.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 4:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011