More potty training questions

when you FIRST started.

did you let your boy nap in underwear or did you put him in a diaper?

and if you knew he had to go, like he peed a tiny bit in his underwear, then sat on the potty for a few minutes and didnt go, how did you get him to go? did you just wait more or was there a trick?? lol i just sat and sang songs with him and ran some sink water :P

tips tricks advice suggestions?
thanks

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son is almost all the way potty trained. He would always go pee or poop first and want to sit on the potty. I started seeing when he would make a certain face and I'd ask him do u have to go? he would say yes and I'd pick him up and run for the toilet and he finally started to get that you have to go before. Peeing is a different story. It's really hard to predict that one. I pretty much put him in underwear all weekend and he started to figure out that if he didn't want to get wet he'll have to go in the potty. I would put training pants on him at night though because we would have ran out of sheets. He got it down in a week and a half. expect accidents though and don't get mad just say it was an accident and tell him to try harder next time to make it to the toilet. You should also teach them to wipe properly and always wash their hands even if they don't do anything in the toilet.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011