Weight loss after baby #3

Have you had a hard time losing your weith after the baby was born. I have an 20 month daughter and I still have not lost one pound. With my other two it came off quickly. What do you suggest?

simplysavvy

Asked by simplysavvy at 4:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've only had one child, my sister just had her 3rd and final in november of 09 and she got down to prebaby weight after 9 months. I was not so lucky, but having my child young and unplanned i completely pigged out durng my pregnancy, and after having him thought i would maintain the same metabolism i had... WRONG. I ended up gaining about 70 lbs. He will be 2 in July, and my husband and I decided at the new year we would both take action and get healthy again so our little boy didn't grow up with obese, lazy parents. So since Jan 3rd I have gone from 210 lbs to 182 lbs and my goal is to be 140 (what I was when we first met!) by the time our little boy turns 2. Right now, we are doing STRICT diet and excercise... it's hard, yeah, but we were both tired of being fat. It's so true what they say, diet and excercise really is the way to do it... there's no quick trick to weight loss. Good luck mama!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Congrats on your hard work!!! Thank you for the answer as well. I wish I could get my hubby to get on board with the weight loss. It's nicer to have a partner to help with the motivation.
    simplysavvy

Comment by simplysavvy (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I dont know what to tell you.....i have 4 boys and it took me about 7 months to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. With my last baby i am down about 10 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight. I think it is because i am so active with having 4 young boys and nursing always helped me get back in shape quicker. I dont exercise like i should though. i would like to start lifting weights again to get toned up again. I think you have the right idea....it is easier if you have somebody else to motivate you...your husband for example. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I feel you! After baby #2, I dropped the weight in 7 months. After baby #3, I have lost most of the weight. He will be 3 in July and Im still not at my pre-prego weight. I have been trying EVERYTHING! But when you are busy taking care of 3 kids, you kinda loose track of taking care of yourself. Good luck with your weight loss!
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 6:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think combining getting out of the house is good motivation. A yoga class, swim class, or a good jogging stroller. sometimes staying home w/ the tv, fridge, computer is too much!!!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my #3 is only 3 months so i'm working on it... it is hard, but i have to push myself to get it done!
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Still working on it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011