Do u find it hard to get help now?

Everyone that I know is finding it hard to get help when they realy need it like social security and food stamps and things like that. Before Obama got into office it was easy for the white folk but now it just seems if you don't have a little color you are turned away. Just wanted to see if anyone else has seen a change NO bashing its just my oppinion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• can of wormspopcorn

meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Good lord. It doesn't matter the president, there is always someone crying about the poor white people not being able to get a break for not being a minority.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• color means nothing if you do not qualify you do not qualify
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oooh, maybe more of a "Debate" question than a "Fun" one. You are probably in for a bashing. .... I personally don't think that the lack of help has anything to do with skin color, I think it has more to do with the fact that everyone is out of work and seeking help, which depletes resources.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• As a former Social Worker/Case Manager.. All I can do is sit and shake my head at your complete lack of knowledge in regards to how public assistance and Social Security work.

Yes you are free to have an opinion. However, an educated, well rounded opinion never hurt anyone.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• its not so much as poor white people it's just the way things go in the world today I know people that have nothing and work every day of their live and worked hard never needed anything but now they do and cant get it and they have a medical reson of not working
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• What you are now describing in your follow up reply... Has absolutely nothing to do with who the sitting President is..

The federal government sets up basic guidelines for Public assistance, from their each individual state sets up their own guidelines for the qualifications (most are based on not just income but also assets held) to receive public assistance.

Social Security recipient guidelines are set by the Social Security administration themselves. Anyone who is applying for non-retirement age Social Security (so in other words those applying for SSI based on medical or mental health reasons) must meet certain qualification and must be approved by the Social Security administration.

The sitting President has nothing to do with your complaints nor does race.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think its just the way things are right now, its hard everywhere.

koolmom343

Answer by koolmom343 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have worked all of my life and do not qualify so what are you trying to say?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I know all this its just not the way it is being done all the time they do turn people away just because they want to or they don't like how they look but since he has been in office it does seem to work that way
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011