Do you think the gas prices will go back up again?

Here in Louisville, Kentucky gas is back down to $1.58 a gallon for regular. It has not been below $2 in at least 4 years. Do you think it will stay this low or do youthink they (whomever decides prices) will raise them back up again? Also how has the tight economic times affeced you and your family? We've started cutting out on many things and Christmas is going to be very, very simple for us this year. We are cutting back cable, which isn't a necessity but about the only way to get local channels that you can actaully see, dropping long distance, trimming our food bill. It has me worried right now. With 2 young kids and a husband who works crazy hours, it seems so overwhelming. I would love to help with the bills more but I have about 12 hours a week where I do not have a child at home as my youngest is in the public school preschool program. I applied for weekends at various stores but got no calls.

Mamaford2

Asked by Mamaford2 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh the prices will definitely go back up. That's one of the surefire things in this world...prices will always rise. Maybe not suddenly, but I can guarantee you that the prices will go up again. We haven't been affected by the economic stuff...we're horribly poor to begin with and only live within our means (because we have no other choice), so we've managed to stay relatively comfortable these past few months. I'm still pregnant (I'm due next month), so Christmas isn't a big deal to us this year. I guess we're lucky to not have any kids (yet) that will be expecting gifts, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• God, I hope the gas prices don't go back up!! I can't afford to pay attention right now, much less those horrible $4.00+ /gallon gas!!!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• They will go back up, it's just a matter of when. Gas actually went below $2 here. I never thought I would see that. Just 2 months ago it was about $4.23/gallon for regular. The other day it was $1.98 by us and we usually go to a place farther away that is cheaper (sometimes 10 cents cheaper).
    The fact that gas prices have dropped over $2 in the last like 6 weeks has me on edge. I just keep thinking, "what's the catch?"
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It's inevitable! But it sure is a blessing right now.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well, maybe now that we've experienced a reprieve in the gas prices, when they start rising again EVERYONE will start squawking to their respective political appointees to DRILL HERE DRILL NOW!!!

Unfortunately people need to be REMINDED of how good we have it here in this country and not take FINITE RESOURCES for granted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes, the prices will go up again. They always do.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think the prices will stay down for awhile. I have mixed emotions about this. When gas hit $4 a gallon, people around here started driving a lot slower and safer. No passers speeding by doing 80, and no big trucks tail-gating my little car. Now that the prices have dropped, people are driving more aggressively.

They say the high gas prices contributed to the lowest auto death rate in over 10 years. Deaths by auto accident were down something like 11,000+ over previous years. That's almost 1000 lives save a month.

I don't want to pay $4 a gallon, but I hope people will remember what it felt like and will be more conservation in the future.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Its all a political game, the reason I heard that the prices are so low is that is no demand for it like there was before. Other countries have found other places/ways to get gas. But.. even if the gas prices stay down, will we have anywhere to go? Food prices are up 4% and this is just the beginning.!!!!
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008