How are you handling your spouse these days when your pregnant and not feeling the least bit sexual?

Mommylovesu2011

Asked by Mommylovesu2011 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Thankfully my husband's sex drive is lower than mine (or rather, than mine is when I'm not pregnant), so he's actually grateful for the break, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• LOL, my husband is grouchy, he says I don't want to be touched but I told him I get kinda scared in the first few months but he still is persistent!
    Mommylovesu2011

Comment by Mommylovesu2011 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You out right tell him you don't feel in the mood!!!!!! this is not a duty but a pleasurable event.

Answer by older at 4:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Honestly, he should respect your feelings. I can totally understand being scared the first couple of months, especially considering your history (even though of course, sex isn't going to harm the baby, but still... YOUR feelings). Make sure to show him you still love him, just ask him to give you some time. A lot of times, you get SUPER horny in your second trimester, maybe tell him that, so he has something to look forward to ;)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My sex drive has always been much higher than my husbands so now we're pretty much even. But on the days we're out of synch he usually understands
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Have you talked to him about the way you are feeling. I get this way all the time and i have already told him that i am not always in the mood. He May not always understand at the time but he will get over it. And when you are in the mood make sure you let him know. Make sure you make up for it in other areas that way he does not feel neglected. Just give him a kiss for no reason or cook his favorates meal or tell him you love him. These will all help keep him reassured that you still love him and he is still your man.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 4:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I say "babe I'm not in the mood". Easy as that. He is pretty good about it :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My husband tends to act like a spoiled little brat,most of the time we argue until he doesn't want to anymore, he says I'm evil when I'm pregnant which he may not be totally wrong, but its because I want to be nutured and rubbed and he says "Baby I need a massage when he gets off work and the evil eye comes at him like I got a 3 year and a 6 year old that won't stop talking , and backaches, you need what now?
    Mommylovesu2011

Comment by Mommylovesu2011 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i'm not pregnant and mine still freaks out when i tell him to get that thing away from me
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I take his needs in to consideration and he takes mine also into consideration. Its a mutual thing.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011