17 yo daughter

Would you allow your 17 yo daughter to stay the night with her 20 yo boyfriend?

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 4:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• im only 20 but i will say when i was 17 i lied to my mom and said i was staying the nite with a friend but the guy i was talkin to was up the street she knew about him and i told her they was going to drop me off at her house after graduation well i stayed and we started drinking he took advantage of me and took my virginty and i got pregnant too which sucked! But i think if my mom would have been more trusting and let me stay or what not it would have never got to where i had to sneak around and prob wouldnt have done any of the the drugs and drinking stuff. Good Luck and i dont think your a bad mother you trust your daughter and thats great =)
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Ha, they are going to find a way to do it. I lied to my mom all the time.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No, them finding a way to sneak around is different than a mother approving of such behavior.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Nope. I don't have a daughter that old yet, but I wasn't allowed to go to his house. He was allowed to come to mine, but we were in separate rooms. Or my entire family would have a slumber party type thing in my living room.
    Irix

Answer by Irix at 4:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Probably not

Answer by gemgem at 4:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would not allow it if I had a 17 yo DD, I know what I did at that age. Are you fighting with her about it, or did she actually ask your permission. If she asked, I'd say that's awesome! I don't know your daughter, but I just snuck out I never asked something like that lol I was terrible!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• was just wondering, as Nickole23 said they will find a place to do it rather I like it or not. She tells me everything and I mean everything, she is on the pill, she came to me and I have always talked to her about the facts of life. She does not lie to me and is a great daughter. She gets straight A's in school. She did do the pot thing but let me know it was not for her, Thank god. Well I do allow her to stay only cause I'd rather her be in a house then in the street somewhere.........does that make me a bad mother?
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Never in a million years. That is just begging for trouble.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• How is it begging for trouble?
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011