What if you found out...

You were expecting again just months/weeks after delivering?

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 4:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• It would be scary! And very difficult! Newborn baby = Not alot of sleep... Pregnancy = NEEDS alot of sleep.. Not a good match up add pregnancy can add difficult to nursing would make me even more down..

BUT... I would look for the bright side -- my kids would be close in age & they would always have a playmate! No reason to pack baby clothes up- Just transfer from 1 childs drawer to the others... Potty training close together...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would be overwhelmed. I mean, you'll have a newborn plus pregnancy... And if you have older children, that's a lot on a mommy's plate...
    Irix

Answer by Irix at 4:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would jut sit down and cry. lol. I heard all the horror stories though.. so i made sure to not have sex for a very long time after giving birth. haha.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i don't know probably sit there and cry and be really overwhelmed
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would be happy at least i just inherited a load of baby stuff
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 4:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I thoroughly hate being pregnant, but it is what is. We know we want one more after this baby, and I know I don't want to wait too long, so if I found out that I was pregnant again right away like that, I would probably just be more concerned about what I needed to do to stay healthy and how it would impact my ability to nurse my newborn.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would have bawled my eyes out lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had this happen. First thing I did was cry. I'm not sure if it was left over pregnancy emotions or new pregnancy emotions. I was lucky to have a wonderful and caring man to help me through it. He thought it was funny and got a pillow thrown at him. Having a great support system is important. Our second and third children are 1 year 18 hours and 8 minutes apart. I actually had an appointment to sign the papers to get my tubes tied but I was late and thought better to be safe and take the test at home. Surprise. We had talked about having a third child but our first child had cerebal palsy and the second had a heart condition so having a third was scary. So far no problems. It does make things complicated. People often ask if they are twins and they often acted like it. The younger one is catching up to his brother fast. We are planning to homeschool when they are old enough so we may start them at the same time.
    PandoraRobin

Answer by PandoraRobin at 6:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011