Hot dogs + Pregnancy?

Do any of you ladies eat hot dogs? I was told and read that while you are pregnant you are suppose to stay away from hot dogs...I have been craving them like crazy lately, just wondering if anyone has ate them while they are pregnant and there doctors haven't said anything about it?

**I know it's a random question!**

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I ate anything and everything lol including hotdogs and so far so good with two healthy kiddos and mama
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I craved hotdogs with my DS and I we were broke so we ate them all the time! lol. they make nitrate and trans fat free ones now if you are worried but I think like anything else, in moderation it's fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• you know ball park franks, not the beef ones, the regular ones. i ate one right out of the package w/o heating it up pretty much every single day. i was FINE
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• you need to make sure you cook them thoroughly. You can get listeria from hot dogs which can be very dangerous to the baby.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i always eat hot dogs and deli meats and whatever i crave
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i ate anything i wanted while pregannt..including hot dogs.. my kids are fine
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i think we ladies enjoy a good weinie from time to time. LOL
    DaNanny28

Answer by DaNanny28 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• just make sure to cook them thoroughly
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's probably b/c of listeria bacteria which can be found in all lunch meat including hot dogs. If you want to eat them then just make sure they are cooked & heated through. If you buy the kind that has no nitrates then that is even better b/c nitrates aren't good for anyone.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• MMMM....all this talk about hot dogs makes me want one....!!! There are a ton of foods that "shouldn't be eaten during pregnancy" (soft cheeses, anything with raw eggs, lunch meats, hot dogs, caffeine, fish, unpasteurized anything, and deli salads...pulling this from my phones pregly app of foods that are a no during pregnancy). I think as long as you are careful moderation is the key (eating that salad that has been in the fridge for who knows how long...bad idea).

michcous

Answer by michcous at 5:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011