S/O: Who was the best POTUS?

popcornI thought since we had a vote on who we thought was the worst, we should vote on the best, and please give your reasoning for why you think they are the best? Or if you can't think of any that fit that bill, just name the president who as UpSheRises put it did "an act of greatness", and state the act.

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 5:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to have to go with FDR, for ending extending the Great Depression..

But Clinton wasn't to bad

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't think there is a best, we've had a lot of excellent men lead our country. The founding fathers are stand outs in my mind but thinking about modern presidents I think I would rather name "acts of greatness" rather than the whole man.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Jefferson and Lincoln
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• BECAUSE of being able to ride the coat tails of what Reagan set in motion, AND due to having a REPUBLICAN controlled Congress for 6 of his 8 years in office!!

As well as he was not a war time president.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• During my time on earth, i vote Clinton. Those were good times....

***
    BECAUSE of being able to ride the coat tails of what Reagan set in motion, AND due to having a REPUBLICAN controlled Congress for 6 of his 8 years in office!!

LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Lincoln-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• William Henry Harrison. He wasn't in office long enough to do any damage!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I forgot to add Truman.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Andrew Jackson - the only president ever to balance the federal budget. I mean, really, balance the budget.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• FDR was a joke and a magic man for making so many fools think he was the man he wasn't. Kinda like Obama.

For being able to actually get things done I have to say the Clinton years were the best but that is only because the congress was Republican. You do have to give him a little credit for knowing what he had to do to make it so though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011