Is it normal to forgive someone. THEN they do something completly different to pisss you off

then all the old feelings that were already forgiven to come up again. has anyone ever had this happen??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• it has happened to me
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• welcome to the ''how it really is world'' i think we all have been in this ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes it happens all the time with my sister. Forgiveness is not for the other person - it is for YOU. You give it to release those bad feelings and move on. At some point (and this is where I am now) you have to decide if this person keeps violating your boundaries whether they are worth having in your life. I love my sister by I refuse to allow her to remain the violent tornado in my life any longer.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• either way i wont stay pissed off!! i just thought i was over the things i had already forgiven. i wont drink the poison . bc resentment is like taking poison and hoping it will kill the other person... LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• UGH CONSTANTLY with my one friend. story of my fricken life.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• O boy is it ever so common, my husband will compltely make me upset and as I'm forgivin him he does something stupid an I'm like you know what I expected this from you, but overall he's a good guy.The good must out way the bad!
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• ya eventually enough is enough for me
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• All the time this happens to me.
    simplysavvy

Answer by simplysavvy at 5:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You forgave, but you didn't forget. Very normal reaction. It's in part a way of your mind protecting yourself from being walked all over again and again.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I like that analogy.... resentment is like taking poison and hoping it will kill the other person....

Can I borrow that one?

And yeah, I've had this kind of thing happen. *For me* I found out that it meant that I hadn't really forgiven but that I had chosen to compromise and let them back into my inner circle before I was really ready for them to be there again. And my analogy was this: It's like sticking your arm in a hornets nest and expecting to not get stung. I had to stop doing it and redefine what I would and wouldn't accept from people, not to mention drawing actual boundaries with them when I did let them back in.
    Sorry you have a poisonous person that you're having to deal with, that sucks.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011