How long does it usually take to get the results back on a pap smear?

I had mine two weeks ago, and she said that the results would be mailed to me... didn't matter if they were good or bad... well I still haven't gotten anything. I *know* nothing should be wrong, but this whole waiting thing is driving me bananas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• For me they mail it so it's like 3-4 weeks if everything is normal. If it's not they call for a follow up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• call your dr. , they can give you results over the phone
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If I don't have within 4 weeks I ALWAYS call. Better never to rely on someone to let something like that slip through a crack
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You should call your Dr.. I just had one done and my Dr. said if I didn't hear from them in 2 weeks I should call them.
    paprincess629

Answer by paprincess629 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Remember no news is good news :) if you are concerned give doc a call.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I know that "no news is good news" but I am one of those worry warts who HAS to know, or else it just bugs the crap out of me. I am on hold with them right now. We live at a big base and the lab may have just been busy plus the mail could be slow, or it could have been lost. I just want to know damn it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• they wouldn't look it up to tell me. they said that " they usually send out a whole bunch in a batch, so you should get it in the next couple weeks. ... you can make an appt if you want...." UGH
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My doc takes two weeks or less, however call. I'm suprised they even mail such things now a days.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 8:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Usually a couple of weeks
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 10:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011