When should I get my period after I have a miscarage?

About a month ago I was late to starting my period, so I took a test. It came back posative but a few hours later I started spotting. I went to the dr and they told me that my hcg levels were not high enough to be pregnant. They told me to get my blood drawn in a few days to see where they were. I started my period a few days later. My dr said that I was pregnant but not pregnant enough or far enough along for it to show up on my blood tests. I was very early on in pregnancy when I lost it.
My question is, how long after will I start my period after experiancing something like this?
I am late to start. Any ideas? I keep thinking I'm pregnant but no posative pregnancy test. Is this normal?

Payan04

Asked by Payan04 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• 4-6 weeks is what my doc had told me.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Very normal. I've had 4 early losses. Each was different. It shouldn't take longer than 6 weeks to get your period. Give it time. You may be a bit late or it could be that you're pregnant. You may have ovulated a bit later in your cycle and be pregnant.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 4-5 weeks afterwards that's what my doctor told me
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011