He loves the word no!

Any advice for me my 4 year old loves telling me no or saying he does not want to when told to do something. I have tried time out and taking things away anyone else having this problem?

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 5:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried letting him put a sticker on a chart for when he chooses to NOT do this? Sometimes children DO learn more from seeing the rewards of good behavior. We use a "Gem Jar" and for whatever behavior we're working on, each time they do it right, they put a gem into the jar - when the jar is filled, they get a prize.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I wish I had some advice for you. My son is only 19 months and already started this. It's like no, no way, and nah-uh are his new favorite words. Sorry! Good luck.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think they say that because the first words they ever hear that are repeated over and over is NO.................maybe we should of said yes to them when we meant no................That would of not worked either but it sounded good for a second............Don't have any advice other then he will probably grow out of it.GL in the mean time
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011