I need to eat but I don't feel hungry?

I've been trying not to eat until I feel hungry.
I haven't felt hungry all day so I haven't been thinking about lunch
about a half hour ago I put a potato in the oven and while I'm waiting for it, I feel very drained and tired and out of it. light headed and dizzy so i obviously need to eat but my stomach doesn't feel hungry.
whats up with that? should i feel hungry if i need food?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The light headed, dizzy feeling that you're experiencing is low blood sugar. If you go much longer your hands will start shaking and you might pass out and possibly go into a coma. Drink some juice RIGHT NOW! And don't ever go this long without some kind of nutrience again! If you don't feel hungry you need to at least drink something like juice or a Smoothie or instant breakfast or something similar.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You need nutrients whether you feel hungry or not. Electrolytes at least (minerals, salts), fuel for your body to work properly. Try drinking tea with some sugar, or a little coffee and milk, or gatorade if you have it, or put a little salt on your potato, or have some broth. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 5:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• drink something then like a nutritional drink or a homemade smoothie.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• This happens to me... I'm not totally sure why but I do know I'm low on iron.... It was really low after I had my dd... But I also don't get a hungry feeling either... I just eat when the kids eat lol!
    k.stark

Answer by k.stark at 6:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011