Anyone gotten a virus from Cafemom?

I was on CM last night and then all of a sudden our computer locked up and all I could click on was an Alert about Identity theft which ended up looking more like a company promotion and now today my husband can't link on to the internet, he's getting the same alert, we called our internet provider and they can't do anything, we already have a paid kaspersky anti virus wear that states our computer is protected, what is going on? We are both computer Idiots but I swear, all we do is Cafemom and he has Fantasy Baseball / Football and this is our 3rd computer in 2 years... WTF... its like its always something with computers and us - what should we do now? he said it is popping up now with something about an attempted Identity Theft but he was advised not to click on the link because that could be the virus..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Technology

• Okay. So, I just checked the activity log for my anti-virus program. Someone has tried to access my computer about 20 times already today . . . . all times that I have been logged into CM. I am wondering if I might need to bow out of CM for a while . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• YES! I just posted a warning about this a few days ago. Someone hacked into mine, and turned off my virus and firewall. Update your anti-virus, if you can, and run a whole system scan. It hopefully will fix the problem. Several people have had issues with this on here.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• no I've never gotten a virus from CM....but if you click on advertisments or other links that people post, more than likely you'll get one, from ANY SITE.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No, i have never received a virus from CM. Just because your computer locked up while you were on here, doesn't necessarily mean you got a virus from here. It could have already been on your computer slowly working away....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I know I have in the past, which is why I deleted my previous account. I recently signed back on (VERY nice anti-virus installed now).
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• yeah cafemom had given me spyware. luckily i have webroot virus protection, which is way better than mcafee and norton, and i quarentined the spyware instantly
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i almost got a virus from here the other day but i've never gotten one from here. if a thing pops up like that again don't ever click it just hit ctrl alt delete at the same time it should bring up a screen should hit the task manager list and when that comes up should end your browser thats running.
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 6:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Get a mac for your next computer, they don't get virus's.

We just bought "hitman pro" & it seems to catch any virus before it infects your computer. It works real well, it even got rid of the "redirect" virus which is one of the hardest to get rid of.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011