Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if the other party refuses to sign divorce papers? long sorry

My boyfriend was married for less than 3 months when he found out his wife was having an affair. He tried to work things out with her for three months after, but she continued the affair. He then sent her divorce papers, this was almost a year ago. I met him only a week later. She signed them 2 months later. Then she says she will contest in court if he doesn't give her his $60k car purchased while they were married before he knew about the affair or $40k cash. He agreed to giver her the car. Then in December she says she won't sign these new papers until she receives the car. He set everything up and she got the car the same week. And she still has not signed the papers!!!! I know things went very south with the other guy and she's tried to reconnect, so maybe she's holding out that they'll get back together. What other reason would keep her from signing? Is there anything he can or should do to move this along? This whole situation frustrates me to no end.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • KIND OF NUTS TO GIVE HER THE CAR. What was she driving around in before??? and on top of that being apart for a yr. naw that is just wrong. After so long the papers are null.... can't keep papers for a few yrs and exspect them to still stand. He will have to file new papers and can go on the grounds of separated over a yr. call the court house or an attorney for advice. ANF GOD FOR BID STOP GIVING HER STUFF TO SIGN THINGS... next thing you know she gonna ask for him to keep the maintance up on the car... gas money and oil changes!!!! over is over, she can get money from the next dude.

    Answer by kkbird at 6:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • Why would he give her the car? He should have let her contest in court. She cheated on him so why is he paying her?

    Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • His lawyer advised him to just give her the car, to speed up the process. LOL! She did have a car before they got married that she still had when they seperated, it was really old. She hasn't asked for anything or even returned his lawyers calls since she got the car. The lawyer hasn't told him anything except, "we have to wait on her." He won't talk to another lawyer, this guy is a family friend and I think he feels it'll be dishonoring him. In the mean time, I have these feelings of anger that I can't even explain. It's not like we are trying to get married and she's holding us back, but I'd just like to be in love with someone that wasn't married, regardless of how dead that relationship is.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • You need to read this:

    Check your state's laws.

    Answer by gdiamante at 7:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
SM in the delivery room????

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Pain in vaginal area adult content