Almost 2 and still stuck on the bottle...

any advice on how to ease the madness that its going to cause.. lol.. my daugther will drink juice of out he sippy cup but not milk...... shes a lil smart bugger.. lol

MylilLondon

Asked by MylilLondon at 6:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 19 month old is the same way. He's good with certain sippy cups but he still wants his bottle, especially at night. His doctor said that he should be completely weaned off a bottle by 2, I think. So I'm not worrying too much just trying to ease him off of the bottle.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• As hard as it is and how much drama it will cause the best way is to take it away all at once. My daughter is a drama queen and I know from experience how hard it can be but if you allow her to scream and throw a tantrum until u give in then she knows to do that everytime. I didn't have a problem with the bottle but with a pacifier instead. It was really rough and I did just say they are finished done no more.. Although she has been broke from it for 1 year now I still have 5 in my dresser lol.. Your daughter will drink when she gets thirsty enough.. And at that age should really only be drinking milk at meals. I hope this helps and stick to your guns do not give in..
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My son had his until he was almost 3. He loved it so much and couldn't go to sleep without it (I put water in it). Then one day he told me "bottles are for babies mommy" and never asked for it again. I was glad there was no trauma.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my son is 5 and still has his, I do not take lovies from my kids. My middle son sees a psychiatrist for mental issues due to his bio mom and she told me she has never seen a kid go to college with one so let him be...I am taking her advice as I have a 22 yr old who loved his pacifier until he was 7
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have a 18 month old, and he will take the sippy cup butif you give the choice of sippy cup or bottle he will take the bottle. But he has taken the sippy cup with milk. But sinced we moved we cant get him take a sippy with bed..
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My 2 1/2 year old loved his bottle too, but one thing that worked for us was that we used Born Free bottles. You can buy spouts that are like sippy cup spouts, but they fit on the bottle. It's great! Basically, he still got to have his bottle, but he was really drinking out of a sippy cup, if that makes sense...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• thank u so much guys.... :D
    MylilLondon

Comment by MylilLondon (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my dd had her bedtime bottle (sippy cup during the day) until the night of her 2d birthday and then i just had to take it. i like to let her lead changes and do things when she's ready, but she would have kept the damn thing forever.
    i talked to her for days about it, telling her how exciting being two would be, and how she'd be a big kid and wouldn't have bottles anymore. when it was done, it was just done. she screamed and cried for the first two nites but the third nite she smiled and said, "i dont need my baba. i'm pretty big."
    i made sure i threw them all out (dumpster, not in the house) cause i knew if they were in there somewhere i'd break weak eventually.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• wow that seems too old for a bottle for me.....i just quit giving mine a bottle a little after he turned one, wish i could help :(
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 7:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011