What is the best fabric to use for making skirts?

I'm just starting to learn how to sew with a machine. I wanted to start out making a simple skirt.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It depends on the pattern. Some fabrics are better for certain patterns. Each pattern has the suggested fabrics on the back of it. Look closely, the info on the back is very small print! If you go to a store like JoAnn Fabrics you can also ask a sales clerk. They are very helpful and have a lot of experience usually. A skirt is a good first time project! Good luck with it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You can make a skirt out of ANYTHING. Seriously. I use my cotton scraps that are left over from other projects, and there are so many more colors and design options if you choose cotton (like quilting fabric). Or old jeans or blankets....
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 1:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• pretty much any material you want to use
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011