can i take expired night cold alka seltzer liquid gels?

it expired 10/08, just wanted to make sure i could still take it, i have nothing else to take right now, and will it still work? has anyone taken this before and it be affective to help them sleep and feel better?

SHADYZGIRL1983

Asked by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Health

• yeah you can! I remember the eye doctor of my hubby prescribed him some eye drops that had expired 20 years ago. It kinda stung his eye but the dr. said they were still good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• as long as they've been in a good room temperature, no excess heat involved. It's only been a month since they expired so it shouldnt really make a difference.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I dont think meds actually "go bad" they just lose their potency, so it might not work as well as it normally would but its most likely alright to take.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 3:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• SOMETIMES CHEMICALS CAN CHANGE OR BREAKDOWN OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND LOSE THEIR POTENCY. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING MORE THAN ONE YEAR OUT OF DATE I WOULD NOT USE IT. REMEMBER OLDER PACKAGES MAY NOT CONTAIN NEWER WARNINGS EITHER. WITH ALL THE NEW DRUGS ON THE MARKET YOU NEED UPDATED INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE DRUG INTERACTIONS TOO.
    ARMYMOM269

Answer by ARMYMOM269 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2008