HELP!!!!!!

I'm also posting this is pre-school kids due to the fact both of my DDs (5 &3) do this. Neither one of them are willing to sleep in their room. They would rather sleep in the recliner or couch in our livingroom. We let them both pick out what bedding they wanted thinking that would help. Dallas picked out Tinkerbelle & Sierra picked out Princess. But they still will not sleep in their bed or in the room at all. How can I transition them from the livingroom to their beds??????

lyvi

Asked by lyvi at 6:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You're the parent, no? Just tell them they have to sleep in their beds.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• well uhm yeah but they went 3 nights without sleep when I tried the force them to approach.
    lyvi

Comment by lyvi (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my daughter used to want to sleep on the couch because i would sit in the living room and read. i let her fall asleep on the couch and then moved her to her bed. she sleeps in her room now. i got her a cool princess light that reflects pictures on the ceiling and wall. i also got her a canopy net because she's scared of monsters. she thinks that the net is there to keep monsters out.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 6:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Have you asked them why they won't sleep in their rooms? That might sound silly, but my 4 yo has a habit of getting up in the middle of the night and crawls into bed with me. I ask her what's wrong and she tells me (usually it's their is a monster). I tell her that I will go with her back to her room and check to see if the monster is still there. Then I tuck her in.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 6:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Do They have TV In there Room? If Not maybe That Would Help.
    lovingmom2011

Answer by lovingmom2011 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No they aren't allowed to watch more than one movie a day. They don't even know the concept of monsters... they've never even seen monster inc. They used to do fine but me & the DH split at one point & I ended up getting an apartment & we had no furniture so we all slept in the livingroom floor until we got some & now that we are back in the house they came home to from the hospital and really know, I don't understand what could cause them to not sleep in there. It's crazy
    lyvi

Comment by lyvi (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• What about letting them sleep together in one of their rooms?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• They share a room already
    lyvi

Comment by lyvi (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Tell them they don't have a choice. Eventually they will sleep!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Kids get tired.
    Just put them in there and let them sleep naturally
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011