• In the Spotlight:

My sons teeth came in all spaced & his fronth teeth have a gap ,does this determine the second set of teeth in how they will come in??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dont worry about it, thats why theres braces lol! unless u cant afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It sometimes can...but it's better for their to be a bit of a gap when they're younger because the jaw changes so much as they grow older. Many times it's best to wait till the late teens to get braces because of those changes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well it depends if they still have that habbit of putting there tongue in between there teeth when they get bigger than yes, but thats why theres braces. They dont always work though...my mom had that problem of the gap between her teeth, it happened after she had all of us, we took her calcium thats wht she said, and she went to the dentist and he took off her front teeth and put her fake ones like hilary duff but hilary took off all of them to get new ones, thats crazy right!.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• because braces never worked for my mom...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• not really...
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Most baby teeth come in gapped, its no big deal, they will come together. My 4 year old had gapped teeth at first, and hers are fine. Im sure they will all come in together when she gets her grown teeth too.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 3:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I had horrible gapped teeth! then i lost them and have pretty teeth now.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• no not at all , all my kids teeth have come in spacey like that ,as they grow so does there mouth and the teeth get into the right position ,it all depends if they use a dummy or pacifier as you guys call it .

loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think almost all kids have gaps between their baby teeth, my son does, and I know I did. It's totally fine, I have straight teeth now with no gaps. Their jaws going to grow and it always seems like the adult teeth are bigger so they take up the spaces. I wouldn't worry about it.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my daughter has a gap between her two front teeth also my husband is concerned i think it gives her character.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2008