Do you think you have a "favorite" child?

I think my husband favors our daughter more than any of the other kids. He claims that I favor the youngest...I think he just thinks I favor the youngest because I dont pay more attention to his favorite child.

Ms.Maricel

Asked by Ms.Maricel at 6:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• no i have two favorite kids
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I love my children equally. It breaks my heart when im spending more time with my baby then my toddler and he pouts. I always balance it because I NEVER want my children to feel like I don't love them or they are less important to me
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes. I only have 1 child and she's my favorite.
    mybabygirlkris

Answer by mybabygirlkris at 6:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No! I would give the world for both of my children. Though I will say that my son is much more mild-mannered/easy to manage, with the consequence that his sister (the proverbial problem child) probably gets a larger share of my attention. But I would hate for either of them to ever think that the other is my "favorite".
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have three boys - 4,2, and newborn. They are all my favorites for different reasons.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 6:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Which is my favorite depends on that time of the day. currently my DD is my favorite because she isn't running around the room acting up. At dinner DS was my favorite because he was actually eating and not playing with is food! I love them each equally but yeah I guess I do have a favorite at any given time. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree that they are all my favorites but for different reasons. My oldest daughter acts JUST like me, and is cranky, stubborn, naughty, and has a wonderful sense of humor. My youngest looks JUST like me but acts JUST like daddy, and is much calmer and calculated in her actions. She is my "lovey" baby...always wants to snuggle. We are due with our third in a month or two and I can't wait to see what she is like!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I love my kids equally but yes sometimes I have a favorite. My daughters are 3 years old and 8 weeks old so there are times when it is challenging having a 3 year old because she wants my undivided attention or throws temper tantrums and there are times when my 8 week old won't stop crying no matter what I do so yes I do have favorites but at different times. I love them the same!!!
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Some weeks my oldest was my favorite and some weeks it was the youngest! I admitted this to my DH once and he said he was so glad to hear that because he felt the same way! We were happy to get rid of the guilt we had been feeling about it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have a favorite for doing things. My oldest is great from camping, water sports, NASCAR races, just talking about the future. My middle son is a funny guy who is very good with computers, loves psychological thrillers, and just marches to the beat of a different drummer - hell - whole marching band. My youngest is very musical. I love to sit and listen to him play whatever instrument he is playing tonight. He is also funny and fun. He is getting ready to work on his Eagle project. We are all gearing up for that endeavor. He is also in marching band.

I have favorites and love them all.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011