Ambien

My OB prescribed me Ambien to take for my insomnia during my last few weeks of pregnancy, Im 34 weeks today. I heard all kinds of bad things about it and on the warning label it says if taken in the final weeks of pregnancy it may cause breathing problems in newborns!!!! obviously the benefits out weigh the risks or he wouldn't give it to me right? and also Im curious to know if any other mommas had been prescribed this while pregnant. I know that my ob prescribed it to my friend as well in her final weeks of pregnancy.... whats your experience? Also my cousin's sister is an RN and she says its perfectly healthy as long as taken as prescribed because i obviously need the rest before the baby gets here. this is my 2nd baby and with my 1st i never had this issue (1st was a boy and this one is a girl) so experiences anyone???

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 6:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They gave me Ambien in the Hospital when I went in to be induced. They gave it to me the night before I delivered. I hallucinated that tiny people were running all around the room all night & it seemed so real. I got a worse night sleep because I took that & would never take it again. If I were you & could not sleep at night, I would try and nap for as long as you could during the day.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If your only problem is insomnia, just buck up and deal with it, and skip the Ambien. I've heard horrible things about it, pregnant or not.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011